Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Willow Brook Update


Gentlemen, I reviewed the course yesterday. For those of you who have heard rumors that Willow Brook has only 16 holes, I can lay those fears to rest – you will be playing a full 18 holes on June 6. There are two new holes to replace two holes that were lost due to housing construction. If you plan to use a GPS device on the course, the yardage information should be correct, but the hole numbers will not match up.

I will post the pairings on this website on June 1. I will also post tournament rules, course information, and other related data during the five days preceding the tournament. If you are not a subscriber to the website, please check it daily between June 1 and June 6.

Tournament registration closed on May 23. 44 men will be competing in this tournament. Tee times will run between 9 and 11 a.m.

The slope and rating from the White tees is 69.5/124; from the Gold tees it is 65.3/107. A golfer with a 16.0 Handicap Index (H.I.) playing from the Gold tees will lose 7 shots. Here is the math:
1. 16.0 H.I. for a slope of 124 (White tees) yields a Course Handicap (C.H.) of 18.
2. 16.0 H.I. for a slope of 107 (Gold tees) yields a C.H. or 15.
3. 18–15=3
4. Difference in Course Rating: 69.5–65.3=4.2.
5. 3+4.2=7.2, rounded to 7.

The following players do not subscribe to the website. If one of these men is your partner, please make sure he gets all the information I post: Amey, Baingo, Borek, Carter, DeBlasio, Flocco, Huda, Kelly, Lentini, Omura, Quinn, Rodgers, Rowand, George Rumer, Sharkey, and Williams.