Monday, September 21, 2015

Clearing up a misunderstanding

Towards the bottom of every tournament application, you will notice the following instruction: “Last date to mail application: day, month, date.” This means that I would like you to put the application in the mail no later than the date listed. So, for example, in the Linwood application, which lists Friday, September 25 as the last date to mail the application, you may mail the application as late as Friday, September 25. It must be mailed by the 25th; it does not have to arrive at my doorstep on the 25th.

Something else you should know…
If you miss the deadline, and you want to play, send me an e-mail or make a phone call right away. Most of the time I am able to squeeze in a few late applicants. It never hurts to ask.

In the meantime, special thanks to those of you who mail your applications before the deadline. Early applications make my job that much easier.

Regards,

Linda