Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Seaview Tournament Report and Prize Winners

In lieu of the photos I forgot to take (the combination of heat and loss of blood courtesy of the flies apparently short-circuited my brain waves), I would like to make a few comments regarding the Seaview Stableford.

• Tony Mack, who won the Net with Bill Sauers, was the oldest gentleman in the tournament. His 89 from the White tees was an impressive score for an octogenarian.

• Laura Otani and Karen McDevitt, who placed second Net, were the first mother/daughter team to compete in a JustGolf tournament.

• Stephen Barry (74) and Terry Zimmerman (84) were the medalists (lowest scores in the tournament).

• Dave Gaffney (80) and John Young (89) shot the best scores in relation to their handicaps. They were the only players in the tournament whose score differential was lower than their Handicap Index.

• Everyone deserves a medal for toughing out the heat and the blood-sucking flies.

• The Seaview pro shop sells a product that repels flies. If I had known that, I would have equipped Jack Sharkey with a can or two to spray everyone on the first tee. I found out after the tournament that sprays containing Deet attract the little monsters.

• My thanks to volunteers Gail Davies (registrar) and Jack Sharkey (starter) for their loyalty and dedication to JustGolf.